Sunday, May 9, 2010

Breakfast in Bed

This morning I woke up when a blanket, baby doll, and cup of water were piled on my neck: "Foh'you, Mommy!"   Later they brought me breakfast in bed.  Daddy's specialty; ham, egg and cheese bagel, blueberry yogurt, and a big pink mug of minty hot cocoa.  Mmmmm.   They gave me loves and cards and wished me a happy mothers day.  The monkey proudly even signed her own name.  Bouncy little Lou waved her doggie card in my face and instantly reclaimed it.  Sweetie Sue climbed under the covers with me and Daddy turned on the Chipmunks Squeakuel for us to watch.  The little one jumped on the bed for us, sat on her sister, and ate all my ham.  The curly one took care of my cheese for me, and dispatched me for a glass of milk.  I felt a little bit like Mrs. Large in her well wished for bubble bath.  It was lovely.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Five Minutes Peace. Believe me, it's not all it's cracked up to be.